Any donation to Secret Harbor is greatly appreciated!Donate Now
You don’t have to foster parent to care about foster kids. There are a lot of ways you can support our agency and the families we work with, for example:
• Become a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), a volunteer who advocates for the best interest of the child in court . Check out the options here: www.casaforchildren.org
• Provide meals to a foster family – the first week and throughout placement!
• Become a respite provider and offer short term care to foster children- ask us about how to do this!
• Fulfill the wishes of foster children through One Simple Wish – www.onesimplewish.org
• Speak up in your community about the needs of foster children and the need for foster parents! If you are interested in helping us spread the word, we have some great materials to share with you!
You can always make a donation to our organization (click the “Donate” button above) and know that all donations go directly into our program budgets. Your donations will be directly applied to the support of the youth and families we serve.
*A note about the pandemic and our work *
At Secret Harbor, we continue to work with our youth in our programs, and are even making new placements when possible, in the safest way possible. But even during an unprecedented shut down scenario, there are still youth in foster care who need support, compassion and safety.
Our staff continue to work with the youth in every aspect possible. It is important to remember that youth more than ever are feeling isolated from their friends and family, they are confused and scared and it is our responsibility to care for them. Our staff and our foster families are heroes to our youth- continuing to care for them is our honor and if you are looking for ways to support foster youth and foster families, we would love to offer some suggestions!
As we enter into very unchartered territory, we as an agency will be taking a financial detour. We know that our projections will be way off and that our budget is going to be affected, but we will not let it affect our programs and our commitment to care. If you would like to make a donation in support of keeping our programs healthy and thriving, you can do so by calling (360)755-5700 x 438 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to donate a meal to a foster family who is caring for a foster youth during this extended stay-at-home period, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a meal to be sent to their home.
We are also accepting donations of safety gear, such as masks, gloves and sanitizer! Please contact email@example.com to organize a pick up or drop off.
Additionally, we are battling the epidemic of BOREDOM! Being cooped up inside is hard for kids and we would love donations of electronics (old iPads/smartphones/laptops) or gaming devices as well as puzzles, board games, books, sports equipment, anything you can think of that would stave off that “nothing to do” feeling! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for pick up or drop off.