By the end of 2019, there were 10,909 children in foster care in Washington State. While our need for loving foster homes continues, there are many other ways to support youth in the foster care system. One of the easiest ways is by becoming a Secret Harbor Friend of Foster Care for as little as $5 a month. Your monthly pledge will go directly into our programs to support the youth and families we serve. As a Friend of Foster Care you will receive:
- Recognition on our list of donors,
- Friends of Foster Care sticker
- Secret Harbor window decal
- Annual Report to see what your donation was used for
- Tools and encouragement to speak up in your community about foster care.
Financial donations aren’t the only way you can support our mission. You can also help by:
- Becoming a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) – a volunteer who advocates for the best interest of the child in court. Check out the options here: www.casaforchildren.org
- Providing meals to foster families – the first week and/or throughout the placement.
- Becoming a respite provider and offering short-term care to foster children – ask us how to do this!
- Fulfilling the wishes of foster children through One Simple Wish. www.onesimplewish.org
- Speaking up in your community about foster care. If you are interested in helping us spread the word, we have some great materials to share with you.
If you would like to make a donation in support of keeping our programs healthy and thriving, but prefer to do so by check or over the phone please contact Barb at (360)755-5700 x 438 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to donate a meal to a foster family who is caring for a foster youth during the pandemic, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a meal to be sent to their home.
To partner with us or sponsor an event in a fundraising capacity, please contact email@example.com